Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lee Dewyze wins!!!!!!!


Who won American Idol Season 9?? It was exactly like how I predicted......I knew it!! I knew it!!! I knew it was going to be LEE DEWYZE!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyhhhhh!! Woooohoooooooo!!!! I'm so happy about it!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!!

I was kinda worried about the results today......because Lee didn't perform as well as I hoped he would yesterday.....Crystal Bowersox seemed to have more impact whenever she performs except that her songs didn't really connect to me as much as Lee's......and I was thrilled that he had chosen songs that I love love love to hear.....like for instance "The Boxer" - Simon and Garfunkel..."Everybody Hurts" - R.E.M.....and the final one would be "Beautiful Day" - U2......I love U2 so much and it was great when he sang that song at the end of the show.  I noticed that in this year's American Idol finale......the final two contestants didn't have a "new" winning song to sing unlike previous years. I wonder why....?? I only realized it when Lee sang "Beautiful Day" at the end of the show......that was when it hit me that they didn't have a new song. Can't help but wonder why though.......since every year they would have one for each contestant. I guess "Beautiful Day" will be his single once he wins the Idol.... :)



What made me most happy in this year's finale was the fact that there were so many celebrities performing during the finale along with the contestants......so many big names entertained the night away .......it started off with the Bee Gees singing "How Deep Is Your Love"....with Aaron Kelly and Siobhan Magnus......wow...that song surely brought back a lot of good memories....I love the Bee Gees a lot!!! I memorize almost all their songs! They sounded great singing live!

A few other names I would like to mention here is Bret Michaels who sang the song "Every Rose Has it's Thorn"....with Casey James.....and then there was Joe Cocker singing "I'll Get By With A Little Help From My Friends" with Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze......and then....who could forget Alanis Morrisette!!! Wow....I love her to bits!!! I love her song "Ironic" and "You Oughta Know".....gave me goose bumps I tell ya!

One of my favourites of the night would be when Janet Jackson sang.......I've never heard of that song but it sounded so beautiful......I quickly googled about it later after the show to find out the title....it was called "Nothing". She sang a medley composed of  "Again."....her latest single "Nothing" and finally her classic hit "Nasty Boys" at the Nokia Theater. I was in tears when I heard her sing "Nothing".....she sounded so much like Michael Jackson.....had goose bumps....beautiful voice..... :)

 
This year's American Idol is the final year for Simom Cowell......he won't be around for the next season.....gosh....that would be strange not having him around to judge the contestants.....I guess 10 years in the show was enough for him.....and it was the right time for him to leave. Will miss him though....I bet a lot of people are wondering who will replace him next season. :). I loved how they honored him in the  final show.....lovely...nicely done. :)  Even Paula Abdul had super nice things to say about Simon.....gosh, Paula was super adorable with her pink mini dress.....she looked so cute!

I really enjoyed the final result show tonight.....so much so that I viewed it twice on Astro - Star World  hehehehe......all because of the celebrities I suppose....not so much because I wanted to know who won because I already found out who won it online hahahaha......Yahoo!News gave it away this afternoon.......and I quickly informed my Mom about it.....she was as happy as I was when I told her Lee won! I'm just smiling ear to ear tonight :). All smiles!
Lee Dewyze wins!!!!!!!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: