Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Update on my celery juice journey



Over the years I think I have gone in and out of a good healthy diet hundreds of times. Everyday telling myself that I should eat healthy but I end up eating something that might potentially kill me in the end  anyways. I just don't know what else to do that will motivate me everyday to eat well. I just don't have that self control. Not then....not now. Still working on that.

I think the longest I've been SO FREAKING  disciplined about something was when I was doing that celery juice detox. I was at it for about 8-9 months straight. I was so positively sure I was able to do it for 3 years...LOL! So much for the positive thought. I don't know what happened. I woke up one day and I find myself not being able to do it anymore. I just lost it. I didn't get the thrill looking at celery. WEIRD! I see people doing it everyday on Instagram and getting great results and yet I still couldn't bring myself to continue. I went to the market to buy celery but I end up cooking it instead. Gosh....what on earth happened to me. I wonder if other's are experiencing the same thing.

Part of it I think is also because of the effect of the detox from celery juice that demotivated me. The eczema flared up like crazy at times. I just felt awful. It was a strange experience because some part of me had  a positive effect and some other part just went to crazy and was in pain all the time. It was driving me crazy as well.

I know I should take care of my health, but the fact is that, it's just a lot of work. I just don't have the time, nor the energy for it. I guess that's one of the reasons why I stopped juicing the celery. It was so exhausting for me to manage it everyday. Making smoothies was a lot easier. So at least I was still making smoothies. 

Talk about smoothies. I kept it simple nowadays. Since cucumber is also an alternative they say to detox, similar to celery, so I made sure that cucumber is always available at home. Same goes with apples. I found out that I can't eat anymore fruits that are sour. Seems that it will make the eczema worse than before. So I had to stop taking a variety of fruits because of that. Making smoothies will be simpler and cheaper for sure, LOL! I used to make smoothies with blueberries and pitaya....now I don't consume them anymore. No matter how delicious they are, no more will they be available at home. The price is pretty high as well. It's crazy! How on earth are we supposed to be eating all the super detox food when the price is too high. Go figure.

Thinking back on what I've done over the past few months, I realised what I was doing wrong. I thought I could get away with it but that was the reason for the failure. Although I drank celery juice  everyday back then, I wasn't 100% following the rules. For instance in my case, there are a lot of food or drinks that I should avoid taking. But since I have no self control, I took them anyways thinking that it won't be so bad since I'm taking celery juice everyday. 

SO! What I'm trying to do now is to focus on avoiding the things that are making me sick first before focusing too much on taking  the celery juice. I don't want to stress myself out anymore. 

Update on my celery juice journeySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Borneo.maiden said...

Awesome! I love celery! I’m going to try it!
If you want to know about some amazing celery I do found a great application on google play sorting all kind of plants with their benefits it's called Herbs Encyclopedia.
You can read about celery here https://herbs.page.link/z8EC

celery juice diarrhea said...

For the celery juice recipe diarrhea, 16 ounces is appropriate to drink within a day. It is better to start drinking 8 ounces of celery as it cleanses the digestive system. Drinking a lot more may result in celery juice diarrhea.