Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Woodpecker!

As I was cycling this morning during my morning workout, I stumbled upon a woodpecker at the park....I couldn't believe it! It was quite high above the tree and it made this distinctive sound which was  a sound of a bird that  I've never heard before.....obviously because I've never seen one in real life so I didn't know what it sounded like. The only sound of a woodpecker that I know of is the sound of WOODY WOODPECKER!! You know...that cartoon series??? Yeah, that one! That one I know......but the real life one I didn't know.....so now I know!! LOL!


The one I saw was similar to this photo above.......It was not that big....quite cute! And it was pecking the big branch on the tree.......oh gosh! It was such an interesting sight to see.....I love nature so much and this was a treat for me! All these years I never knew that that bird actually exists here.....I thought it only exists in the US hahahahaha....How ignorant of me.....oh well! LOL!

I've been cycling at that area for the past few months now and this is the first time I saw it.....amazing...wonder if I would get a chance to see it again tomorrow. I wish I had a digital SLR camera so that I can take a shot at it......it's hard to take pictures with the ordinary digital camera....especially if your subject matter is way up on the tree. But then again, it would be difficult as well to carry that big SLR when cycling......so the small camera is best. Hmmm....maybe I'll get lucky again tomorrow.....we shall see how it goes! ;)
A Woodpecker!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: