Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Black-naped Oriole


Black-naped Oriole or Burung Kunyit Besar in Malay, that's what this bird is called. This photo was taken from inside my room. That's why it's kinda blurry and not focused. I took it in a hurry, before it flew away, plus my digital camera can't focus like a DSLR.....what a bummer. Wish I could take a much clearer picture of this lovely bird.

For the past 2 weeks now, this bird has been passing by my window and headed straight to the banana trees just outside my room and tearing up those dried brown layers of the banana trunks to make it's nest. I've never seen the nest before though. Not sure where they make them....probably way up on the trees....to high for me to see. There are quite a few of them flying around the garden each day. It's a joy to watch them from my window. 

These birds makes such beautiful sounds too. A bit loud sometimes. Their high pitch voice could be heard every now and then. 

You can find out more about this bird at this link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-naped_Oriole



Black-naped OrioleSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: