Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My blue Raleigh......

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! Finally! I finally got to buy a new bicycle!! Wooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!

I was trying to find one since I moved back to Alor Setar. There is a park here which is nearby my neighborhood where it's so nice to take bicycle rides. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be lovely to get me a bicycle and ride it there when I'm here. And so I did it this morning....I went to the bicycle shop not far from my house and had a look at the bicycles that was on sale there. There were quite a lot of variety there to choose from but not in the color that I was really looking for. I was hoping to get one in white color. In the end, I got one that is quite close to my heart....the frame was soft blue in color and some black here and there. So, I was quite happy with it since my favorite color is actually blue. So the only thing that was white was the basket! LOL!

The minute I got it home, I tried to ride it......gosh!!! I almost tumbled over! hahaha! Can you imagine how long it has been since I last got a ride on a bicycle???? It was about 17 years ago!!! So I was a little wobbly riding it in the beginning.....but after a few try I was riding it like the wind! hahaha!

I used to ride the bicycle when I was in my teens. Back then I rode it to school everyday. It was an experience I'll never forget. Rain or shine.....I rode my faithful bicycle to school. But those memories was one of the best memories I had when I was in my teens.

One of the reasons why I decided to buy this bicycle in the first place was because I wanted to use it as a form of exercise. I read somewhere online about the goodness of people riding it for health reasons. It's a good workout especially for people with blood type B. So it's perfect for me :). Plus it's fun! I don't like to do workouts at home. I prefer to go to the park and exercise there. Do some brisk walking as well if I can. It's definitely a stress reliever for me. Riding your worries away they say hehehe...... I really hope this new item in my life will bring me loads of joy....in fact I'm sure it will! :)
My blue Raleigh......SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Grace to You said...

Snazzy ride!! Love the pic of you on it! :)

Azlina Abdul said...

Thanks Sandi....I'm loving the rides very much!