Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Food......what I'll miss...

Ever since I found out what was wrong with my health about over a week ago......I started to list down what are the things I can and cannot eat.....can drink and cannot drink....can do and cannot do.....but what I shall miss most is what I cannot eat! I've known this for quite a long time ago but have gone through a hard time disciplining myself to follow this diet. Obviously because it's too much for me to handle......most people who knows me can tell how much I love to eat.....I don't over do it but I do know how to enjoy a good meal.

I try not to complain about this too much especially since it's for my own good......after all, even though there are a lot of things I must avoid taking, there are a lot more stuff out there that I can still take. I just need some time to adjust to this new diet....I've done it before years ago....was so strict with the diet....no matter what people think of it, I kept on with it. And of course I felt so much better with that diet.....felt so healthy too ......but it all changed when I came and live in KL......there were so many great goodies here that I just couldn't resist....and so after a year of that strict diet...I failed to follow it anymore....slowly I turned to the dark side hahahaha.....I also became a coffee addict and ate without even thinking of the consequences (not all of the times though hehehehe)

I tried to do the "mind over matter" thingy.......it worked for a while.....then I went back to consuming what I liked....I felt guilty after that....but then, since it makes me happy, I didn't care.....until it was causing me pain......then I knew I had to do something quick.....

I've always loved to eat fried foods....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.....and now, I can't take them anymore......I can only steam, boil, grill and poach them.....I love to eat chicken....not much of a beef person nowadays.....but, both of those I can't eat anymore.....the only meat I am allowed to consume now is fish.....and only the ones with scales......hmmmm......well at least I am allowed to eat fish....if it's just vegetables and fruits....I'll just die.....hehehehe......

I'm supposed to avoid taking coffee and tea as well........gosh....that was hard to do.....being an addict and all......but it seems that the "bad coffee" is not real coffee beans....it's the instant ones, like Nescafe and all those 3 in 1 coffee and tea mixture......that is forbidden for me! So if it's from the freshly grind ones, that is not so bad.....but so far, it's been 7 days since I last took any coffee....yay! Did take tea a couple of times though....but tea has never been my favorite anyways, so it was ok to leave that one......it's the coffee that I miss most....huhuhuhu.....

Yesterday I took time to go out and buy my groceries......and boy did I bought a lot of vegetables! My aunt just laughed looking at what I bought.....I guess, I'm beginning to look like a rabbit to her hahaha.....because of all the vegetables I have to eat....I was born on the year of the Rabbit...so eating vegetables has never been a problem....neither is eating lots of fruits....so I think I'll be ok with that...the only problem is I need the meat as well.....but I hate to clean the fish!! hahaha......plus fish is expensive to buy. I am not allowed to eat eggs either...it seems that eggs are harmful for me too....SIGH......so I guess I'll just have to learn to eat fish once a week or once a month hahahaha.....

After 9 days of the "detoxification".....there's already signs of my body healing itself.....apart from taking my medication that is......I do feel the difference.....I just need to keep on telling myself that no matter what....I have to do this for my own good....if I don't stay disciplined I won't be getting better.....so must always be strong and motivated!!!! Chaiyo! Chaiyo!!!

Food......what I'll miss...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

mangosteenskin said...

I know you can do it! chaiyo!!

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you Mango!! ;)

CC said...

You know that I know how hard it is!!! But I'm standing with you!
Love you!
CC

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you CC! You are always there for me! Love you too!!