Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trip to Alor Setar

When I was there in Alor Setar recently for a short trip, there was a time when we all went out on that Sunday to get some stuff from the store and it raining so heavily! So much so that it got a little flooded at my Mom's neighborhood! You could see from the photos above that the water level was a little high covering the road......it felt like we were on a motorboat and the water splashing on the left and right side of the car as it was moving hahahaha!! So funny! LOL!


My Mom's rambutan trees are bearing fruits again!!! Yay!!! I always get excited whenever they start fruiting....last year only one of the trees bear fruits....this year both the rambutan trees are bearing fruits! Double joy! Yay!! hehehe! I will have to go back to Alor Setar in late May or early June to enjoy eating the rambutans :) Can't wait!


The photos above shows my Mom and my Aunt Norma cutting down one of the banana tree at my Mom's house......this particular banana is called Pisang Nipah......it's so delicious eaten when fried with flour.....I love banana fritters! Yummy!
Trip to Alor SetarSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Grace to You said...

How do you make your banana fritters? I make them too, but I wonder if they're different...mine are pancakes (made with flour, egg, milk, salt, baking powder) with bananas cut up and added to the batter before frying in a little bit of butter. Yum!

Azlina Abdul said...

Oh! I've made banana pancakes before! But usually I mash the bananas before adding them into the pancake batter. But the banana fritters that I make are a little different...I will take photos of it when I make them soon! :)Will let you know!