Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A new chapter




Hello again.....
Wow....has it been that long? As I stared at my personal blog I began to wonder what kept me away from it for so long. How I missed writing here and sharing my thoughts. It has been over a year since I blogged here. I can't believe I left this blog for more than a year! The whole year of 2014 I was missing in action. Oh my poor blog! I couldn't stand looking at the old layout design of the blog and decided to give it a new look. Now at least every time I log in here, the design will give me that instant mood to jot down some of my thoughts.

I would have to say that last year was one of the crazy busiest year I had ever had. One that effected my health as well. So much so that I had to do another detox to keep me going. A lot has changed in my life since last year. Health wise, career wise etc. I made a lot of changes. When things got from bad to worse for me and I just couldn't take it anymore, that's when I put my foot down and gave me a tight slap on the face then focused on how to improve my health once and for all. It's always when things get extremely bad that I would make a change. I was never really good at staying disciplined in any of my health regime. It was always a temporary thing. I would get excited about it for a few weeks and then bamm!!! I would go off to my unhealthy habits again. The urge to eat whatever I fancy got the best of me.

It is tough living in a society that refuse to accept my health issues as well, as they keep telling me how to handle my health differently. But hey!! I'm not going to go there again and start blaming others for my problems. They don't know me well enough to tell me how I should live my life. It's my life....my health....I decide how I want to make myself happy and healthy. And I'm glad I was really focused on my decision last November and stuck with it till now.

I'm also taking it easy as well with work. I realised that if I don't do that, it would be difficult for me to heal. I need to take it easy on myself. Don't over stress myself. Just don't over do it. There is always time for work and play. Not just work work work.  

I want to spread the word....share my journey to good health with everyone. Who knows, somehow I get to help others who have the same issues as I do. I get to where I am today because someone cared enough to share the knowledge with me. Now it's my turn to do the same. Gosh I have so much to share with what I've learned the past few months. I will take some time off from work to write here whenever I can. It's also good for me to write it down so that I have a place where I can refer back to if ever I forget. So it's not just about sharing.....it is also a reminder for me....or a place of reference.

Make a difference in someone's life....and you'll see how it will affect yours too. And what better time to do it then in the month of Ramadhan. The time of giving. The time of sharing. :)


A new chapterSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Grace to You said...

Lin, it's so strange that you posted this update now, because just a couple of days ago I was thinking about this blog, realizing it had been a long time since I had read anything here, and wondering if I had missed some posts. I'm so glad that you will be updating it again! I look forward to the health info you post...I need to work on that as well.

Welcome back!

Azlina Abdul said...

Hi Sandi! Missed you! Oh my...you have great instincts! You somehow knew I was going to start blogging here again. I have been thinking about it for quite sometime now. I think it's high time I share about my health regime here and keep the blog active. I hope you'll find it interesting and informative :)

Hugs,
Lin