Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

The White-Throated Kingfisher in my garden!






What a lovely lovely surprise! I was happily having breakfast with my Mom this morning and suddenly we saw this White-Throated Kingfisher in our garden. What a rare sight! I quickly went to grab my digital camera and started taking videos of the bird and also snapped some photos of it. I was so afraid that the bird would notice me. Luckily it didn't! I was very very quiet! hehe!

I've seen this bird many times before in our neighbourhood. Every time I  go out for my morning ride at the park, I would see them on the telephone line or up on the trees. It's never easy to get a shot of it. They are not that tame and are easily scared whenever they see humans staring at them hehehe.


But I managed to take a shot of it coz we made a cage outside our house like the photo you see above. I just love having breakfast and dinner here because we get to enjoy the fresh air minus all the flies, mosquitoes and bird poo! LOL! ;) Even the birds don't notice us when we take photos or videos of them when we are standing inside the cage. The minute they see us outside the cage, they would fly away. So I guess the cage sort of like camouflaged us a bit hehehe. I can now take more photos of nature without disturbing them. Love it!

The White-Throated Kingfisher in my garden!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: