Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Guilty as charged!

I told myself I won't take a lot of card orders this year. In fact, I didn't even want to take orders of personalised cards this year because of my other work commitments that I have nowadays that is just overwhelming me to the max. 

I haven't had a break from work in months and honestly I don't know how I'm going to stop at the rate I'm doing. I only managed to stop for a short while recently and it was only because I got really really sick and I just couldn't stand it anymore and I just had to rest for one whole day. And that's it. That was my rest. The next day I was back to work again even though I was still sick.

Why? Because there were no other choice. I just had to do it. No one else can help me get it done. I committed to the orders taken and whether I like it or not I have to get it done on time as promised. I only took it because I wanted to please my customers. I didn't want to say no to them. But who is going to make me happy? Nobody. No one but myself. 

And today was like a slap in the face when I got an email from my customer reminding me that her card is due for delivery. And it was not yet done. That really shook me. That really really shook me. I have to put my foot down on this matter from now onwards. No means no. When I say I can't do it, it means I can't do it. They don't know my problem. Only I know it. And because of that, I seriously have to learn to reject, refuse.......whatever it takes.....I gotta say no.

I am guilty as charged! And I don't want to feel this way again. I hate this feeling. It sucks! I don't want to disappoint my customers.....I hate having make them wait for so long for their orders to be done. I really don't like doing that. Unless they really don't mind waiting, then that's a different story. :(


Guilty as charged!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

Grace to You said...

I'm sorry you've been sick! Glad you're feeling a little better by now - but you really must take care of yourself!

You're absolutely right - those customers you take such good care of are not likely to be taking care of you when you need it! So you must. I insist! :)

Asma’ AB said...

kak lin, same goes happen to me.
i am expected to finish my study before end of ths year, tapi bila tengok balik timeline, i don't think i manage to finish it! >,< scary sgt. so now i have to learn how to say no as well. really hard kan? but what to do. we really have to :(

Azlina Abdul said...

Sandi,
Yes...indeed I have to learn to say no and need to consider about myself more...need to prioritize. Thanks dear ;).

Azlina Abdul said...

As....yes dear...it's really difficult...we always don't want to disappoint our customers..we think that we can manage it all but the fact is we can't do it all by ourselves. We need help to cope with all the work. I hope you and I will learn to reject some orders in future, for our own good. You take care dear As... :)