Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Psyllium Husk


I started taking this if I'm not mistaken since October last year. I knew about the great benefits of taking Psyllium husk so many years ago when I read a book written by Dr Bernard Jensen called "Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management". It's a really good book. I was so inspired after reading it that I actually started following some of his advice and managed to lose a lot of weight in just 4 months and was living a healthy lifestyle and developed good eating habits. I could see a lot of improvement in my health and I felt great. But it only lasted for a year before I stopped following the rules due to temptations. Things just went haywire after that. I want to be able to be that person who was living a healthy lifestyle. I want to feel great again.

I realised now that there were a lot of things I did wrong in the past few years when it comes to my eating habits and how I workout. I know I have to change in order to make myself feel better although it's not easy. It has to be done. I'm not taking this because it can help me lose weight. I'm taking this because it can help improve my digestive tract and help improve my skin condition. I'll workout to lose the weight. 

I couldn't take it with just plain water, so I had to mix it with orange juice to make it palatable. It's the only way for me to be able to take it. It doesn't taste that bad if mixed with something else. Otherwise I would puke. It must be taken immediately after I mix it or, it would become jelly like once it is mixed with water and it would be difficult to swallow. You can choke on it too. So it's best to take it immediately when it's still in it's original form. The best part is that if I take this then it means that I have to drink lots of water too. So this is another way for me to force myself to drink more water in a day. 

I take it early in the morning before my workout and before breakfast. I'm loving it :).



Psyllium HuskSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious - why not just eat tons of vegetables and fruit, beans? That is a lot of fiber right there without having to resort to a fiber supplement.

Just wondering.

Fiber is very important to good health so you are on the right track, Lin.


Barb

Azlina Abdul said...

Barb...I do eat a lot of vegetables already but this psyllium husk has other good functions for the body other than helping with constipation problem. Check out this link:

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-psyllium-husk.html

Azlina Abdul said...

Check out this link too:

http://drpullen.com/psylliumhuskbenefits

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lin.

Thanks for the links. Good information. However, I also read that psyllium can have side effects such as rectal bleeding and allergies. The side effects always worry me.

I will stick to the beans and prunes - these are safe at least.

Barb

Azlina Abdul said...

So far I haven't any allergies or any bad side effects from taking it. Thank God :)

Unknown said...

Excellent! I admire all the helpful data you've shared in your blog. I was searching for the matter you shared through blog. It is quite interesting and obviously very informative for me. I'm looking forward for more helpful articles from you. :)Thank you for Sharing.

Psyllium Husk Exporters

Anonymous said...

Kalau kat alor setar ....beli kat mana yer

Azlina Abdul said...

Boleh beli kat mana2 farmasi.....even kat Giant pun ada jual.

CikNin said...

Bagis ni, nak cuba juga la.