Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lemon tree


"Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet 
but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat"

Every time I think of lemon trees I will think of that song! haha! An old song I remember singing and listening to when I was little. But I like lemons and I don't think it's impossible to eat! hahaha!

My Mom bought this lemon tree at the pasar tani yesterday. Ain't it cute! It's still small and yet has bared fruit! Just one though.....but it has a lot of flower buds on it too! I hope the flower buds won't  fall off once we replant it in a bigger pot. 

She bought this tree because of me hehehe. I wanted to eat this fruit so much and make it part of my new diet. It's kinda expensive to buy them at the supermarket so we thought in the long term, it's better to buy the tree itself so that we can get lemons for life hehehe.....hopefully it will grow nicely and bare lots and lots of lemons! :) We have two lemon trees now....and also bought one more citrus tree called limau kasturi.....some say it's called Calamondin or Calamansi in English. This type of citrus fruit is very small and taste so wonderful mixed with salad. I love it! You can find out more about it at this link:    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamondin



Lemon treeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: