Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lauk siya' again??!!


Oh no......my Mom is actually considering buying ready made food from her friend who is doing a catering business with her son. Her friend stopped by today at our house to discuss further on the matter and promote her son's new business. Her son is just starting out on this new venture and is looking for potential clients. So my Mom was one of her target so to speak hehehehe..... And since my Mom has a lot of connections, she is supposed to help find other potential clients for her friend as well....acckkkk! Well, we always like to help our friends hehehe.... ;)

It's not that I don't agree with the whole idea 100% but the thought of the wastage that might happen just puts me off. We used to take " lauk siya' " as we call it here.....food in the tiffin carrier like the photo you see above, back when my sis and I were still schooling. At that time my Mom was so busy with her work as a school teacher that she decided to order food on a daily basis. I remembered how horrible the food tasted because it was mass produced and were not cooked properly. It tasted quite bad. I remembered, after a few months of taking the food, my late Father told my Mom that he just couldn't take it anymore and that he would rather have fried fish and soya sauce everyday instead of those food in the tiffin carrier! hahahaha! He was a simple man indeed.....just like me! I didn't mind if my Mom just cooked us one dish....as long as she cooked it for us.....coz her cooking tasted 10 times better than those food she ordered from the caterer.

Another thing is if the food is not tasteful, there is that tendency of wastage.......I mean, if no one wants to finish up the food, we would end up keeping a lot of leftovers in the fridge. And if this scenario continues on a daily basis, imagine what the fridge would look like inside! Full of leftovers! Accckkkk! :P

That's what keeps lingering on my mind right now.....huhuhu.....but then again, if the food is good, then it would be quite helpful for us since we sometimes are too busy to cook ourselves. I keep thinking perhaps we should just give it a try for a month and see how it goes. But if it doesn't work out, how do we tell her that we wish to stop it.....that's the problem when you are dealing with a friend.....you would find it hard to say NO right?? And we would feel sorry for her for not helping her out with her business by not ordering food from her anymore. Sigh......oh well......my head hurts just thinking about it.....so I think I'll just leave it to my Mom to handle this problem......end of story....lol!
Lauk siya' again??!!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

iYda Juhar said...

Lauk Sia????
sis.. ni first time i dengar.. heheh

Azlina Abdul said...

Iyda....Orang utara panggil mangkuk tingkat tu "Siya'"....so, bila letak lauk dalam tu, maka ia dipanggil lauk siya' .........hehehehe