Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Banana pancakes

This is how I make my banana pancakes or in the Malay language we call it "lempeng pisang" :). Since I can no longer take banana fritters or "pisang goreng" because they are deep fried, so I resort to eating bananas as it is or cook them this way. There is no oil or fat included in this recipe. So it's safe for me to eat it hehehe..... So here is the process of making the banana pancakes....it's very simple and cheap to do at home. Especially if you grow your own bananas at home like my Mom does hehehe.....

First we cut the bananas into small pieces and mash them till they look like the pictures above. If there are any seeds in it, be sure to take them out.

Then you add in a pinch of salt.....some flour....flour is added a spoonful at a time into the mashed bananas and mix them up slowly.....be sure not to put in too much flour otherwise it will harden. I don't even add in any sugar, because if the bananas are already ripe, it is already sweet to the taste.

When the batter is done.....you scoop up one big spoon full of the batter and pour it onto the non stick pan.....no oil or butter is needed here to line the pan... Once one side of the banana pancake is done, you flip it to let the other side cook.

This is the end result!!! Yummy!! Best eaten when it's still hot! :)
Banana pancakesSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: