Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Banana fritters

Want to know how to make banana fritters???? In Malaysia we call them....Pisang goreng......I love eating it....not everyday though.....once in a while when I go back to my hometown, my mom would supply me with some of the bananas that she gets from her edible garden......she has a variety of banana trees at her house........I am currently loving this particular type of banana called Pisang Nipah.....it's bigger than Pisang Abu in size and the taste is so much better...... :)

Here is the step by step process...................

First you mix the batter for the banana........I use some wheat flour and a little rice flour ( depending on how many bananas you are planning to fry, it can be 2 cups of wheat flour plus half a cup of rice flour). Then add just a little amount of salt to it for taste. Mix the batter with water ( do not use hot or cold water) Use water that is of room temperature .....make sure the batter is not too runny.....because we want to dip in the sliced banana in it and the batter has to cover the banana before frying it in the pan....

As you can see here......the banana that has been dipped with the flour batter is then placed in the hot oil for deep frying....LOL....looks like the oil you see here is not that deep hahaha......trying to save my cooking oil here hahahaha!

And here they are!!! All fried and crispy! Very sweet on the inside....and crispy on the outside....hehehe.....
Banana frittersSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

CC said...

I wish our bananas would hurry up & ripen so I can try this!!!! :)
Hugs,
CC

Azlina Abdul said...

hehehe...you are too cute! Be patient dear...you'll get to try this soon!! ;) Lots and lots of them!