Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pop up flowers

Today I tried to fulfill my promise that I made to myself in my 2009 new year resolutions. With the huge motivation from my friend Michael and a few others who have motivated and inspired me to do more than just popping up lips in my handmade cards, I decided to leave my fears and give it a try.....I followed the instructions given and watched the online tutorial video over and over again till my head got dizzy hehehe.....

The first one I did was a pop up lotus flower.....it was the easiest pop up flower project that I found. Although it was supposed to be easy, I still felt like my brains was too slow to follow the demonstration. After a few times watching it, I gave it a try and walla!!!! I did it!!! I couldn't believe how easy it was!!! And after that, I was hungry for more! I got so excited and told myself, why not do that beautiful 7 pop up flowers???!!!! And so I watched the video......and played it again and again and again and again until my eyes was watery and the blood viens starts popping out hehehehe......

The guy in the video was such an expert! He did it in just minutes!! I had to take one full hour to do it!!! Gosh!!! But once I understood the idea......it suddenly became so easy! Amazing!! All this time I thought it was so hard to do and now I know how easy it can be.....I should have given it a try years ago.....but then again, I guess I am lucky because I could watch how it was done on video as it is much easier to understand that way rather than just learning it from a book. Slow people like me need video demonstrations hahahaha...... :P

This is the paper that has been cut and joined together before pasting it in the card for popping.

This is how it looks after pasting.....it's the top view of the lotus flower

The lotus flower!!! You could only see it looking like a lotus flower from the side view.


This is the 7 pop up flowers I made.....I added the small red flowers inside to make it look prettier....hehehe.....It was so hard to try and take a picture of this one!! I had to position it properly to make sure all the flowers can be seen. I plan on adding more decorations in there soon! Can't wait to get it all done! :)
Pop up flowersSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Grace to You said...

Congratulations!! Not only have you created two exquisite cards, you've accomplished something on your list of things to do in 2009 already - that's awesome!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the other 360 days this year!! :D

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you Sandi! I am all excited to do new things this year...I can't wait to see what I'll come up with too! :D