Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Celery + carrot + tomato pasta


Lately, all I love to cook at home is this pasta dish. Consisting of celery, carrot and tomato as the sauce I mix with the small shell pasta or cocciolini rigati (that's what's stated on the package!hehehe). This pasta dish is for the lazy cooks like me who sometimes just don't have the time to cook even though I am working from home hehehe! I used to make pasta sauce that consists of tomatoes only............or just celery and carrots........but never combined all the three ingredients together......so I thought why not give it a try.....and this is the result!

It only takes about 30 to 40 minutes to get it done.....if I move faster maybe it will take less time :P. But since I move pretty slow like a sloth sometimes especially when I'm so tired.....so I don't think it will take any less time than that! Ha!

All that you need to prepare is the chopped garlic and onions....then saute' it on the non stick pan....adding some coarse black pepper and a little salt over it. Occasionally sauteing it over a period of 5 minutes.....then add in one coarsely chopped tomato.....then I would add in some water, about a cup. After that, I would add in one coarsely chopped carrot and a few stalks of thinly sliced celery into it.........add in some more salt at this point....make sure not to put in too much otherwise it will be too salty! Then I would stir the mix occasionally until it starts to boil........I don't like my vegies to be too soft and mushy.....I like them crunchy. :)

So when the pasta has been boiled al dante....you can add them into the vegetable sauce....stir until they mix well with the sauce. And it's ready to eat! :) Easy right? hehehe........
Celery + carrot + tomato pastaSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog, thanks for sharing.



***************************
$$Win Cash in 60 Seconds$$

***************************

Azlina Abdul said...

Thanks! Do visit again sometime! :)

gabriela luna said...

Azlina! thanks for the pasta recipe! I am too a lazy cook :) and I love pasta! BTW Martha Stewart has some good recipes on her site right now... though some of the ingredients are hard to find for me here.
hug!

Azlina Abdul said...

Glad you find this recipe useful for you....it sure has been useful for me hehehe.....I'll be sure to check out what's interesting at Martha's.....do check Rachael Ray too! She's good too! :) I too have problems finding some ingredients here....but I try to improvise whatever I can! Good luck to you!