Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Henna painting

*henna painting that I did on my left hand.....the before and after effect*

When I was in Alor Setar to attend a wedding a week ago, I was exposed to the art of henna painting by a wedding planner there. He did the henna painting decoration on the hand and feet of the bride to be. I was so intrigued by the art that I wanted to pursue it myself. I didn't know exactly which henna worked best on the skin, so I just did me some experiments.

I went to buy a tube of henna paint from the local store in Alor Setar and tried to decorated it free style on my own hand. Since I am right-handed, I did the decorations on my left hand. It was quite difficult to do....especially to one self. But since I didn't have anybody to be my model, so I had no choice but to do it to myself hehehe.....

The type of henna I used was the liquid type....it was so hard to control the liquid from smearing each other. Now I know why most henna painters prefer the ones that are in the form of paste, as it is much more easier to handle.

About two days ago, during the Eid Al-Adha, I went to stay at my aunt's house and during my stay there I was able to try out another type of henna paste I bought in here in KL.....I did another type of design which was also free style....I did not copy it from any design book, it was just spontaneously done. The henna paste that I used was also quite watery....but at least it was not as watery as the one I bought in Alor Setar. I'm hoping to get the henna cone type which is better and mostly used by henna painters soon. I would need another model to try it out for me hehehe.....but if I can't find anybody who is willing to let me experiment it on their hands, then I would probably have to do it agan on mine hehehe...... :)

* henna painting done on my aunt's hand....the before and after effect*
Henna paintingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: