Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008......

Today is the last day of 2008. Many memories were made, some are memorable, some I wish I could wipe out from my mind forever. Friends I have made many.....some friendships are made to last, some I wonder why I formed the friendship in the first place, and some ended abruptly for reasons I wish I knew why. Questions left unanswered and answers sometimes came to me even when I did not want to know them.

As I reflect on the journey I went through from the beginning of 2008 till now, I realized how much I have changed and grown. I am once again no longer the same person I was in 2007. I keep on changing and changing and evolving year after year. The learning process I went through has changed me and has made me improve myself in so many aspects of my life. I began to wonder what else I will have to go through in the coming new year that will somehow change me. I know I have a lot more to improve in my personal life and career. All of which I hope will be for the better.

There were a lot of things that happened in my life this year that I wish I did not happened. They were so bad and traumatic that I wish it could have been prevented. But Allah knows best, and as a servant of Allah, I just let it be, just move on, and keep on moving forward.

If I could sum up what 2008 meant to me, I would say that it was full of extraordinary experiences. Bad or good it does not matter, they were extraordinary to me nonetheless. It was a time when I learned more about what love can do to people, the goodness that it brings are endless. What desires can do to people, how it can sometimes bring out their true colors that they have been hiding all this time. How ugly it can be, can really surprise us.

I have done a lot of things I never thought would be possible before. I have managed to overcome certain fears, let go certain desires, became a lot more calmer when faced with difficult times, communicate more, understand more about people, discovered new talents in me and learned new things.

One thing for sure, I realized this year is that, life is so short......time just passes by so quickly. I did what I had to do, did as much as I could, whenever I could, so that at the end of the day, I wouldn't have any regrets. If I had any, it would not have been many....too few to mention.

Goodbye 2008.............I'm leaving all the bitterness and sadness behind and taking all the goodness with me to 2009.
Goodbye 2008......SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: