Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fish curry and Fried tempeh

This is fermented soy beans or tempe which I love love love so much!!!! Best eaten when it's fried! Check out the link here for some infos on tempe.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempeh

This is a special fish curry that my Mom made......the fish is called "Ikan Angsa". The flesh is so soft and delicious! The shape of the fish looks similar to a Pomfret (ikan bawal) but slightly bigger I think! This fish is not always available at the market.....sometimes if we are lucky, we could buy one to bring home to cook.....but most of the time it is not easily available and it's quite pricy too. So it's not something that we could eat daily....especially since it's so pricy......we only get to eat it on special occasions and depending on availablilty. I was lucky when I went back to Alor Setar this time, I got the chance to eat this fish dish.....who knows when else I'll ever get the chance to eat this again......


Of course fish curry is best eaten with plain white rice with fried papadom and tempeh...yummy!!! :) I could eat more than 2 plates of rice with all this yummy food around hehehe!!
Fish curry and Fried tempehSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: