Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Daging korban......


I received "daging korban" on Eidul Adha......The surau at my aunt's house gave away the "daging korban" to many people on that day and we were the lucky ones to receive them. I can't remember when was the last time I cooked anything at home that has beef as the main ingredient. I don't like to buy beef....usually it's just either chicken or eggs......and tones and tones of vegetables!

So here I got a situation where there's a chunk of meat......and what am I supposed to do with it??? I don't feel like cooking curry.....don't feel like cooking dhall........don't feel like cooking daging masak kicap........or masak lemak......or whatever recipes there is out there. So I just kept the meat in the fridge for awhile until I can figure out what to do with it. :P

It has also been awhile since I last ate brown rice........so I decided, hurmmm......why not cook up some brown rice and eat it with the meat today.....except, what kind of recipe am I gonna do with that meat?? I am the type who only does one dish at any one time......the one dish girl hahaha......don't like to cook many dishes at the same time. I like it to be easy and fast! So, I decided to make something that can incorparate the vegetables in it as well. And that's how this dish came up. It's so easy to make, taste really nice.....and healthy too. I love eating a lot of celery these days.....so I chopped thinly 3-4 stalks of it, one carrot stick, one tomato and some onions and not forgetting the garlic. The only spice that I put in it is coarse black pepper .......and added some salt. See how simple it is?? It tastes so nice when eaten hot..... :) Yummy!
Daging korban......SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: