Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chicken Curry with Roti Jala



When I was in Alor Setar recently, I had the chance to eat one of my favorite food :). It's chicken curry with roti jala. My Mom will always order the roti jala from Auntie Juma and then she will cook for me the chicken curry herself.

Roti jala is also known as lacy pancakes in English. These pancakes are made from plain white flour, coconut milk, eggs and salt. I must say this roti jala is one of the best ones I have ever tasted too.....it's so soft and taste so good too. It blends well with the chicken curry.

As far back as I can remember, my Mom's chicken curry has always been the most delicious chicken curry I have ever tasted. But when my Dad passed away years ago, my Mom just didn't feel like making it anymore.....and since my sis and I were staying in Kuala Lumpur, the more reason for her not to make it. Over time, she lost the touch.....her chicken curry was so bad I just couldn't consume it. Maybe she forgot the secret ingredient hehehe......After countless of comments and criticism from me and my sis.....slowly she began to recreate the famous chicken curry. Nowadays, it taste better.....but still it could not beat the one that she made for us when we were small.....I could still remember the taste....it was so incredibly delicious beyond words.
Chicken Curry with Roti JalaSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: