Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Atan's Nasi Lemak

My Mom and her ex- student :) That's Atan.....well, that's what my Mom calls him hehehe......I don't know what his full name is! I forgot to ask! LOL! He is so shy.....but was kind enough to let me take his picture for my blog hehehe...... :D Such a good sport!

This is his small nasi lemak stall that he operates at Arca Restaurant......his stall is always a hit with the customers.....You got to be there early in order to get his nasi lemak, because it always sells fast!

This is the Nasi lemak that Atan makes.....The rice is served with sambal sotong (chili squid), hard boiled egg, papadom, sliced cucumber and some fried anchovies and peanuts.

The same nasi lemak with papadom, chicken sambal, sliced cucumbers and one fried egg.

This is so nice! I love it! Another yummy food at Arca Restaurant.....It's called Chakoi....crispy on the outside and soft on the inside....eaten with a savory and sweet kaya pandan sauce. Yum-O!

This is Capati! Served with dhall.....I love eating this too! :)

This is called Apom.....it's so crispy and sweet!

All this delicious food are found at Restaurant Arca.....formerly known as Restaurant Pak Tuan....it is situated along Jalan Sultanah, formerly known as Jalan Day hehehe.....it's quite near my Mom's house....so we love to go there and have breakfast whenever I go back to Alor Setar. The food there is quite cheap especially Atan's nasi lemak.....this is because he never fails to give his former teacher special discounts every time we eat his nasi lemak.....sometimes the price he charged us is ridiculously cheap!!! My Mom just couldn't accept it because it's not good for his business if he keeps doing that! heheheh! But he always insists!! Such a good boy with a good heart!
Atan's Nasi LemakSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: