Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Air kelapa pandan

This is the kelapa pandan tree or the pandan coconut tree at my Mom's house....it's really big and high.....it's so delicious beyond words....I love drinking the coconut water! So refreshing! But can't take too much of it otherwise I'll get sick! hehehe......too much of anything will make us sick anyways hehehe....

My aunt brought the coconuts back to KL in her car......she took some for herself, gave some to my uncle.....and I got two......the one on the left is still young and soft to open up with a sharp knife, but the one on the right is already a little old and has a hard shell. It was kinda tough to open it up to get the coconut water since I don't have the proper equipment to do so.

My aunt taught me to use the knife to slice off the top soft layer of the coconut first before hitting the shell with a pestle......that's how I managed to get the coconut water out of the coconut! :P

Then I proceed to hit it some more to get the soft white flesh inside it.....but since this one is a bit old, the flesh has harden a bit.....but still it tasted really nice :)
Air kelapa pandanSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: