Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Penne with chicken and romaine lettuce


Oh gosh.....I just love this recipe!!! Could it be because it has chicken in it???? Perhaps yes! hahahaha! I haven't been cooking chicken for quite sometime now....nor have I been cooking any red meat or sea food for that matter.....been trying to abstain myself from taking meat for awhile for health reasons. But occasionally I have that dying need to have a bite :). Either I buy chicken that's already cooked from the restaurant or I will have to cook it myself.

Now lets talk about this new pasta recipe shall we? :). It's just so simple to cook....I got myself this new pasta from Tesco....Rachael Ray loves to use this in her pasta dishes....it's called Penne. I love using this pasta because it holds the liquid from the sauce, which makes eating much more satisfying. You get to taste the nice flavours of the sauce in the pasta.

I moderately coated the chicken with coarse black pepper before I saute' it in the non stick pan. I added some Italian herbs to flavour it....which gave it such a wonderful aroma. When the chicken is halfway cooked, I tossed in the chopped onions and garlic. And when the onions and garlic are lightly browned, I add in some salt and water....not too much water though....just enough to cover the chicken.....we are making the sauce , not the soup! hehehe.....Then I let it the chicken cook all the way through. When it's done I quickly add in the chopped Romaine Lettuce....just stir those in with the chicken for a minute or so, not too long because we don't want the lettuce to get too mushy.... and for the finale', toss in the cooked penne together in the chicken and lettuce sauce ....give it a good stir and it's done!! It's THAT simple! And it taste good too.....well, at least for my taste buds that is......I don't cook that well, so.....to be able to make this pasta dish, to me, is somewhat a great accomplishment! HAHAHAHAHA!! LOL! :D
Penne with chicken and romaine lettuceSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

CC said...

Oh, that looks SO good! Remind me to send you a recipe I have for a sauce that you don't have to cook...you just let it marinate during the day, then add pasta. I made it for my girlfriend once & it's now her favorite dish!
I am really enjoying reading this blog! I love your creative side, but cooking is creative too! As well as learning about new things! I learn so much from you!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
CC

Azlina Abdul said...

Wow! A sauce that doesn't involve any cooking?? How's that??? Would love to know how to make it! Thanks dear!
Hugs to you too!!!