Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whole wheat pasta........


I'm loving this new pasta I bought recently......it's whole wheat fusili! So more fibre! :) I was really surprised by it's taste....and it doesn't take that long to boil it either....compared to the usual refined wheat pasta I have eaten before....which take much less time to boil it down. I'm ok with the taste probably because as I add in the sauce for the pasta, it will blend in together nicely and you won't feel much difference in the taste. But you would definitely feel much fuller after eating a bowl of it. The refined wheat pasta won't make you feel as full. So in other words, it saves you a lot of money hehehe! Because you need not have to eat that much. :) It doesn't really cost that much in comparison.....in fact the pricy ones in the stores are actually the ones that are organic type. Those are double the price of the usual amount we normally pay for a packet of pasta.

So I made this pasta dish today, using the whole wheat fusili.......with a sauce I created myself....it doesn't even have tomatoes in it.....just chopped up some celery and carrots as the main ingredients.....I made sure that it has extra gravy so that it won't be too dry when eaten with the pasta. Once in a while it's nice to change the recipes and try something new other than the usuals.... But I sure do think that if I were to add in some cheese on top of it, it would be extra delicious hehehe...... ;) Yum!
Whole wheat pasta........SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: