Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Designing a Diwali card....

My first Diwali card :)


The process..........


Today I tried my hand in designing a Deepavali or Diwali card.......first time in my life!! Didn't know what to do....what motif, what colour etc etc etc...........then it just hit me....Indian fabrics! Yup, I do love them a lot.....and I went to choose what colours of paper I had that would suit the sequins I plan on using to decorate the card with. I also decided to use the oil lamp as the main motif....it's very symbolic....thriumph of good over evil. For the oil lamp, I had to make my own template for it ....drew up a simple pattern of the oil lamp on a plastic sheet and cut out the pattern...pretty easy hehee...... For the light, I drew it freehand on the yellow paper, cut it up and paste it on top of the lamp.

Since I didn't make any wordings as part of the decoration on the front of the card, I decided to just put a small square tag inside that would match the square pattern on the front of the card that has the oil lamp in it. And I stamped the wordings..."Happy Diwali" using my old trusted small size alphabate rubber stamps....very simple huh? Yup....indeed it is.....nothing to it...hehehe....I must say, I'm pretty happy with how the card turned out in the end..... :)
Designing a Diwali card....SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

CC said...

I love that you shared your process with us! Thank you so much! It's beautiful!
Hugs,
CC

Azlina Abdul said...

My pleasure dear! Glad you loved it! Hugs to you too! :)